[Kolab-announce] Announcing the Kolab Server 2.3.2
wickert at kolabsys.com
Fri Jun 3 16:14:54 CEST 2011
I'm sorry it took so long, but good things take a while.
I am relieved the release is out because now that the problems with FreeBusy
are solved, the 2.3 series offer the same functionality as 2.2.4 - plus much
more of course.
The update to postfix 2.8 brings a lot of new features like postscreen and
multi-instance support. However none of them is enabled by default and old
configuration files continue to work. Have fun while exploring the new
possibilities, we will make use of them in the next major release.
Most of the bugfixes affect Kolab_* packages such as Kolab_FreeBusy:
- apache-php: Security update fixing various CVEs
- Kolab_FreeBusy: Generating free/busy cache works again
- Kolab_Resource: Answers from resources no longer contain extra "\r\n\r\n"
- Kolab_Server: IMAP connection issues fixed
- Kolab_Storage: Webclient no longer hangs if freebusy triggering/retrieving
- kolab-webadmin: Listing of sub-folders and sub-calendars was fixed
- kolabd: Fixed an imap annotatoin so SyncML can sync contacts
- php: Security update fixing various CVEs
- postfix: Security update to 2.8.3. This also brings a lot of new features
- z-push: New version with many bug fixes, rebuilding with prefixes other than
For a complete list of changes please refer to
The upgrade form 2.3.1 is straight forward, there is nothing special you need
to care about.
If you are upgrading from 2.2.4, please follow the instructions to upgrade
from 2.2.4 to 2.3.0 as outlined in
Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze/stable) and 5.0
(Lenny/oldstable) on x86 platforms can be found next to the sources.
As soon as they have synced, you can also use the the mirrors listed on
You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file
distribution key and verify the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:
$ wget https://ssl.intevation.de/Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --import Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig
$ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS
https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/show_bug.cgi?id=98 - Not all folders in the new
ActiveSync config are displayed. We are working on that.
Please report bugs in our bug tracker at https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/
Kolab Systems AG
e: wickert at kolabsys.com
t: +49 251 871 369 77
pgp: 85DACC63 Christoph Wickert
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-announce/attachments/20110603/ec54c2fb/attachment.bin
More information about the Kolab-announce