[Kolab-announce] Announcing the Kolab Server 2.3.1
wickert at kolabsys.com
Sat Apr 30 16:01:27 CEST 2011
Yesterday late at night I finished the the Kolab Server 2.3.1.
There are not many new features because it is a bugfix release, but in the
webadmin you new will find a new ActiveSync configuration. It will work for
most users, however not completely for power-users with lots of nested and
shared folders, so please consider it only a technical preview.
Most of the bugfixes affect the webadmin, cyrus-imapd and z-push:
- cyrus-imapd: Work around for missing user_deny.db
- cyrus-imapd: Properly flush buffer after TLS initiation
- kolab-webadmin: Problems with new UID based dn were fixed
- kolab-webadmin: LDAP Error for maintainers group was fixed
- kolab-webadmin: New welcome pages now work for all users
- kolab-webadmin: Multi-language function was fixed
- kolab-webadmin: Kolab Server version string was fixed
- z-push: The alias now works out of the box
- Z-push, kolab-z-push and PEAD-Kolab_Zpush: New versions with many bug fixes
For a complete list of changes please refer to
The upgrade form 2.3.0 is straight forward, there is nothing special you need
to care about.
If you are upgrading from 2.2.4, please follow the instructions to upgreade
from 2.2.4 to 2.3.0 as outlined in
Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze/stable) and 5.0
(Lenny/oldstable) on x86 platforms can be found next to the sources.
As soon as they have synced, you can also use the the mirrors listed on
You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file
distribution key and verify the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:
$ wget https://ssl.intevation.de/Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --import Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig
$ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS
There are still two bugs in freebusy and the resource management:
- https://issues.kolab.org/issue4730 (generating free/busy cache broken in
- https://issues.kolab.org/issue4731 (answer from resources contains extra
These will be fixed in 2.3.2 and we will offer packages for testing next week.
Please report bugs in our bug tracker at https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/
As 2.3.1 was released two weeks after 2.3.0 and I'd like to stick with the
two-weeks cycle. This means that the Kolab Server 2.3.2 will be released on
Friday, May 13th. Yes, this is an unlucky date, not because I'm superstitious
but I will be busy. This might even mean I will release earlier.
Kolab Systems AG
e: wickert at kolabsys.com
t: +49 251 871 369 77
pgp: 85DACC63 Christoph Wickert
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-announce/attachments/20110430/0a86b63a/attachment.bin
More information about the Kolab-announce